Saturday, September 28, 2013

Sunday Snippets--A Catholic Carnival

Hello, and welcome to Sunday Snippets--A Catholic Carnival. We are a group of Catholic bloggers who gather weekly to share our best posts with each other. To participate, go to your blog and create a post titled Sunday Snippets--A Catholic Carnival. In it, discuss and link to your posts for the week--whether they deal with theology, Catholic living or cute Catholic kids. I'm mostly a book blogger so my posts are generally book reviews, some Catholic, some not. Make sure that post links back here. Once you publish it, come back here and leave a link below.

We also have a yahoogroup; signing up for it will get you one weekly reminder to post.  Click here to sign up.

We've started a Question of the Week portion of this link-up and this week's question is:  Share a family sacramental memory--the cute thing the kid said, the cake at the party, your in your wedding dress, the family gathered around the baby--anything is fair game as long as it at least sort of involved a sacrament

My Dad and Me 1989
The veil was my Mom's (1958)

What did I write about this week?  I reviewed a book about women today and two Christmas romances:  Call Me Mrs. Miracle, A Seaside Christmas .  I also read a book of marital advice dressed up like a novel.    Finally, I participated in Seven Quick Takes.

8 comments:

  1. Thanks for hosting, RAnn! This week, I've blogged about why I wasn't on for awhile, a book I've ordered, my Rosary Art and Decorative Magnets collections, and, of course, the books I've been reading.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks again RAnn for hosting. My sacramental memory is of my daughter. We had moved to London and it was here first confession in a new church in a different country. She said she was too afraid to do it. I told her to say a prayer to God for courage. She bowed her head and said the prayer, then smiled at me and went to confession. I was quite impressed and remember it with a smile.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're so pretty in that picture, RAnn.

    I blogged this week about a series I'm participating in on meeting Christ in prayer at a retreat house on the ocean.

    My sacrament memories is that I tried to schedule my children's baptism on a significant date. My daughter was baptized on Father's Day, one son was baptized on his godparents' wedding anniversary, one son was baptized on my saint's feast day and the last one was baptized within days of his saint's feast day as well as his father's birthday. Well, nothing's perfect but choosing significant dates has enabled me to remember the occasions better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous9:31 PM

    RAnn, thank you for hosting. Well, the first interesting story that came to mind is a funny story about sacrament of confession. My wife and I went to confession, and she was behind me in line. After having my confession heard and sins absolved, the priest, who I knew, wanted to have friendly chat about the events of day and our mutual friends. So, I was in the confessional for quite a length of time. I exited to a much longer line and a strange look from my wife. Later my wife commented about the length of time I was in the confessional. I told her that I though Father must of needed a break, since he just wanted to have a friendly chat.

    My postings for the week were:
    Simply Love God
    How to Hear
    Mortification
    In Defense of the Perfectly Imperfect
    God’s World, God’s Creation
    Understanding Christ

    God Bless,
    To Love and Truth/Michael

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks RAnn for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a terrific wedding dress.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi RAnn. Funny you should bring this up. We went to a wedding this weekend and the topic of the night was sacramentals. I wrote about That Little Gold Band You Wear On Your Hand.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You were a beautiful bride!

    ReplyDelete


View My Stats