Friday, September 06, 2013

Book Blogger Hop


Question of the week:  What got you started as a blogger? Everyone has a story/reason, what's yours?

Once upon a time AOL message boards were my thing.  I had several I read regularly and to which I posted frequently.  As that started to die, I became aware of blogs and several on-line friends started them.  I decided to try it too.  You'll note in my archives that I've been blogging since 2005 but did not start blogging frequently until 2008 when I became a book blogger.  I guess I kind of envisioned this as a mommy blog at first (though I had never heard the term) but the more I thought about writing about my kids, who were not babies at the time, the more I was concerned about someone they knew stumbling on this blog.  

I like to write and I like to spout off my opinion and at first I planned to do more of that than I do but while lately I have written about welcoming families to a parish, , attracting young families to a parish, public schools, Catholic schools, college loans, and healthcare, I couldn't come up with enough to say regularly to make me a regular blogger.  

I've always liked to read and one day I surfed onto a book blog and it didn't take long for me to make that my niche.  

Check out the host post at Coffee Addicted Writer to see what other folks have to say.

5 comments:

  1. You definitely have and interesting story and have still stuck with it through these past years. Congrats on all your time spent connecting with others.
    Here's my answer
    http://moniquesmobooks.blogspot.ca/2013/09/book-blogger-hop-11-september-6th-12th.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Book bloggers are the best!!

    Happy Hopping!!
    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My Blog Hop Answer

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was intrigued with the story on how you became a book blogger. Thank you for your recent visit to my blog. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah! I remember those old AOL message days. We did have some good discussions then. I note that some of our Pagan friends tended to go to the Live Journal route but I liked regular blogging better. Glad you started blogging too Ruth!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for stopping by my blog! As yet, my blog is still basically a catch-all...I have a page for my book reviews, but it just has links to the Amazon reviews. I wonder if once my kids are old enough not to want their faces all over my blog, I will have to take another route, like book blogging. Thanks for helping me find this fun blog!

    ReplyDelete


View My Stats