Saturday, August 31, 2013

Sunday Snippets--A Catholic Carnival



Hello, and welcome to Sunday Snippets--A Catholic Carnival. We are a group of Catholic bloggers who gather weekly to share our best posts with each other. To participate, go to your blog and create a post titled Sunday Snippets--A Catholic Carnival. In it, discuss and   link to your posts for the week--whether they deal with theology, Catholic living or cute Catholic kids. I'm mostly a book blogger so my posts are generally book reviews, some Catholic, some not. Make sure that post links back here; some folks are forgetting that! Once you publish it, come back here and leave a link below.

We also have a yahoogroup; signing up for it will get you one weekly reminder to post.  Click here to sign up.

This week's Question of the Week:  With which ministries/activities within your parish are you involved?  My Answer:  I'm a lector and I serve on the parish school board.  I also take a weekly hour in the Adoration Chapel.  I can be counted on to work several shifts at the fair, though so far I've held out against chairing a booth.  

Next week's Question of the Week:  What is your favorite formal (memorized) prayer?
 
I have written Questions of the Week for the remainder of 2013, however, I'd love help with questions for the new year.   You can click here to submit a question to use once my current list runs dry.

Now, on to this weeks Snippets.  My 7 Quick Takes this week were on taking my daughter to college.  I also published a bunch of book reviews including Light This Candle which is a freebie romance to support a charity, Whispers on the Dock which Christian women's fiction, and Winter in Full Bloom which is Christian fiction.


7 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:14 PM

    RAnn, thank you for hosting. Currently, I am in my third year of a four biblical studies program offered through the lay division of St. John Vianney Theological Seminary in Denver.

    My postings for this week are:
    Purgatory in the Old Testament and Early Church
    Sensing the Lord
    Salvation, Through God and a Person Working Together
    Looking with Our Eyes, Seeing with Our Heart
    On Our Faith

    Peace and Grace,
    Michael / To Love and Truth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks again for hosting, Rann! This week I have two posts, my usual weekly goals and an inspiring video I found online.

    Happy Labor Day weekend everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for hosting, RAnn. I haven't found any ministry at church to participate in.

    Michael, I'm sure I completed an earlier incarnation of the Denver Bible study program you're in. Although I think it's become more rigorous since I went through it; it was parish-based - I didn't go out to Denver.

    My post this week is "Charity Event, Jersey Style!" Peace

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for hosting, RAnn!
    Yes, I'm finally blogging again!
    This week, I have just two posts. The first tells what I've been doing; the second, of course, is my book list.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Favorite prayer: Act of Contrition.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you, RAnn for hosting.
    Have a lovely and peaceful weekend...

    God bless

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much for hosting, RAnn.
    This summer has taken me away from home, hearth and parish. Usually, I participate in parish life by attending daily mass, being an adorer in the Adoration Chapel and being part of a small group ladies praying the rosary and discussing a book we chose and read together for spiritual growth. I'm home again, getting back into the swing of things and playing catch up. The summer has been a blessing in many ways but I do miss my spiritual staples when I'm away. Prayer and scripture, my attempts at praying the liturgy of the hours, and practicing the Presence remain a constant, as does our Savior and the Cross.

    ReplyDelete


View My Stats