Saturday, July 13, 2013

Sunday Snippets--A Catholic Carnival



Hello, and welcome to Sunday Snippets--A Catholic Carnival. We are a group of Catholic bloggers who gather weekly to share our best posts with each other. To participate, go to your blog and create a post titled Sunday Snippets--A Catholic Carnival. In it, discuss and link to your posts for the week--whether they deal with theology, Catholic living or cute Catholic kids. I'm mostly a book blogger so my posts are generally book reviews, some Catholic, some not. Make sure that post links back here; some folks are forgetting that! Once you publish it, come back here and leave a link below.

We also have a yahoogroup; signing up for it will get you one weekly reminder to post.  Click here to sign up.

I've been a busy blogger this week, and surprisingly most of my posts were at least somewhat religious in nature.  I reviewed How to Create a Catholic Blog by Sunday Snippets regular Michael Plese. A couple of different people whose facebook posts show up in my feed shared an article about keeping young families on our parishes.  I agreed with some of the points; disagreed with others and decided that I'd respond on my blog rather than argue all over facebook.  I responded rather directly to the article here, and compared two parishes, one of which is crawling with kids and one of which is not, here.  I'd love to know what you think.  

I've read plenty of blog posts with women's birth stories.  While women of a certain age tend to share birthing stories when they gather, there is someone else who is often in the room when we deliever--the doctor.  In 10,000 Babies an obstetrician shares some of his birth stories.

What would my blog be with a review of a romance novel?  This week I have three such reviews:  Small Town Girl is a Christian romance set just before and just into World War II.  The Shelter Bay books are general market modern romance.  Home to Whiskey Creek is a general market romance that manages to deal with several serious topics and still remains a light happily every after read.

5 comments:

  1. You do sound busy and engaged, RAnn. Me, not so much. I do have a link and a poem/prayer. Thank you once again for being our host.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous3:32 PM

    RAnn: Thank you for hosting, it is greatly appreciated. My posting for week are:
    Called and Sent Forth by God
    Eyes
    The Babe Leaped in Her Womb
    Has the West Entered a Maccabean Period?
    Michael

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for hosting, Rann!
    I have just two posts this week; the latest image in my Rosary Art Collection, and, of course, my weekly book list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. RAnn, thanks for hosting. I've been preoccupied with some family issues and haven't posted much this week, but I have one offering.

    ReplyDelete


View My Stats