Friday, July 05, 2013

Red White and Blue Angel Delight


My assistant chef and I made this for July 4.  It is my creation, with some input from her and some from another recipe.

White:
1 Angel Food Cake (I used a mix, you can buy one or make from scratch, it doesn't really matter

Red
2 10oz containers frozen strawberries (actually I think mine were bigger, maybe 15 ozs.

2 egg whites (I used powered, and the called for water)

2 T lemon juice

2/3 cup of sugar.

Beat together for about five minutes.

White:
1 pint whipping cream
1/2 cup powdered sugar
Beat cream until soft peaks. Add sugar, beat until stiff

Blue:  Fresh or frozen blueberries

To assemble:  Tear the cake into bite-sized pieces.  Use 1/2 to cover to bottom of a large bowl.  Pour 1/2 strawberry mixture over that.  Top with layer of blueberries.  Repeat cake and strawberry layers.  Put whipped cream on top of the strawberry layer; decorate with blueberries.  Freeze for an hour and then keep in the refrigerator until served.

Check out the linkup at Catholic Cuisine for other Fourth of July treats.

No comments:

Post a Comment


View My Stats