Sunday, January 06, 2013

Worth the Weight: A Kindle Freebie That Was Worth It



About the Book:
Lizzie Hampton is literally a shadow of her former self. Having lost half her body weight, she's headed to her small hometown to test out her new body on an old flame.  Just a harmless fling to get her self confidence back before she returns to the city and the new man in her life.

But Lizzie's plan has a few bumps in the road.

Finn Robbins can't believe Liz is back in town. Desperate to be the holder of her innocence eighteen years ago, he never got the chance.  Now she's back and he can finally check her off his to do list.

But her friends, his son, and the mysterious Annie may have something to say about that.

The first book in a contemporary romance series which takes place in Michigan's Copper Country.
Includes a sneak peek at Worth The Drive, The Worth Series Book 2: The Pretty One

My Comments:
As my regular readers know, I'm a fan of sophisticated, highly complicated, classic literature (ok maybe not).  However, my reading for the last few weeks has been even lighter that normal.  I've been reading a bunch of dreadful Kindle freebies which are absolutely not worth the trouble of reviewing.  Suffice to say, that they were worth what I paid for them, except that I kept reading them, probably because they were so predictable, so easy, and nothing I'd want to put here.  Yea, I'm a little burned out on reviewing.  

Worth the Weight held my interest for more than a quick skim.  I found myself engrossed in this reunion of first loves.  She lives in the city now, and owns a successful business.  As noted above, she's just lost a lot of weight and now wants a "normal" romantic life. He lives in the small town in which they grew  up, is a farmer and single father to two kids.  Both had to learn to accept themselves and the  choices they had made in life. Both had close friends and families in their corner.  All in all, a really good story.  Like many Amazon cheapies  (still free as of this writing, $0.99 normal price) it has a few typos, but writing is better than I expected.  There are quite a few intimate scenes, they happen outside of marriage and they are on the explict side.  Grade:  B.  

2 comments:

  1. Thanks! I just downloaded it (it is also free from B&N, for nook) I also sent a link to my daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad I saw your review because I picked this one up as a freebie. I'll be sure to read it this year :)

    ReplyDelete


View My Stats