Saturday, January 21, 2012

Sunday Snippets--A Catholic Carnival



I'd like to welcome everyone to Sunday Snippets--A Catholic Carnival.  We are a group of Catholic bloggers who gather weekly to share our best posts with each other.  To particpate, go to your blog and create an entry titled Sunday Snippets--A Catholic Carnival.  In it, highlight one or more of your posts from the past week that you believe would be of interest to Catholic bloggers---whether they are posts reflecting on spiritual matters or posts about antics of Catholic kids, or anything in between.  Come back here and enter the URL of that post below.  Finally, go visit other participants, and leave comments!  If you want a weekly reminder to post, join our yahoogroup.

I'm glad to have everyone here, and just want to remind you that posts linked below should contain a link back here.

No real "Catholic" posts this week.  I wrote about free books for the Kindle, reviewed a WWII era thriller (and the author is giving away a "Spy Pack" that includes an I-Pod Touch.  I  wrote about a book titled The Kitchen Daughter and used it as a reflection on some things going on in my life.

11 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:43 PM

    Hello RAnn! Thanks for hosting. I also love my Kindle and have nearly 100 books on it (got it for my birthday last May). Thanks for the links to free e-books!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, RAnn. Thanks for hosting!

    This week's theme was Alzheimer's. We had a poem and a painting related to Alzheimer's and I also wrote about this weekend's second reading from 1 Corinthians in a post entitled "Detachment".

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for hosting this, RAnn. I really enjoy reading other bloggers' posts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for hosting week after week, RAnn.
    This week, I have an article from EWTN News about Obama's contraception mandate, a cartoon from
    Catholic Cartoon Blog, a post from the Lake County Right To Life Blog, a couple of posts about my Rosary Art Collection, a new game site and new page,
    and several posts about books, including, as usual, my weekly book list.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just got a kindle for my birthday and will definitely be checking out your post of free Kindle books. :)

    I had a mini-book week over at my blog this week. I shared some fiction books I'd like to read (featuring some Catholic authors) and a book review. I also participated in 7 Quick takes.

    I hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday. Go Giants! (Ha! I had to get that in, sorry!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. With the March for Life happening this Monday, our eldest twinnie will be going on her third march with her high school, I pulled out an oldie but a goodie; my experiences with the post abortive issue

    ReplyDelete
  7. One Catechetical post on Tim Tebow, plus a shortie about the increasing Catholic momentum where I live.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Two posts this week...one on the necessity of passing on the faith to our children and the role of suffering and oppression in our lives, the other about the physical/spiritual, both/and nature of the Christian faith. Thanks to all the readers out there, and thanks to RAnn for hosting this each week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. After a year off due to major home remodeling projects, I'm trying to get back in the groove. Reflections posted this week on the daily readings, with the theme of being called by God as young David and the disciples were. Stop by at www.momsdevotional.blogspot.com and take a peek!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks again for hosting, RAnn!

    This week's postings included a reflection on the Sunday obligation (and why Saturday evening counts), a reflection on wealth inequality as a social danger, a recipe for black bean chili and a plea for links and citations in making the pro-life argument. Also, it's my birthday tomorrow (1/23); if you want to send me a gift, send me a picture of yourself at a March for Life!

    Gratia Dei vobiscum!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous8:53 PM

    Wow! This was a lot of fun today! Thank you RAnn for hosting it and thanks to the other bloggers for giving me some enjoyable reading.

    ReplyDelete


View My Stats