Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Review: Christmas Stories



About the Book:
These stories-like your favorite Christmas ornaments-come in all shapes and sizes. They unfold in a variety of settings, from ancient Bethlehem to rural England. From a small Texas town to the heavenly realms. Some are short. Others many chapters long. Some offer reflections. Others imagine Christmas through the eyes of a burnt-out candle maker, a lonely business man, or heavenly angels.

My Comments:
It is a collection of Christmas stories.  It is by Max Lucado.  Do I really have to say anything else?  It's sweet, it's very sweet.  It's inspiring, it points to the real meaning of Christmas (not "holidays").  It is no literary classic and I'm sure that like me, you'll guess where most of these stories are going as soon as the scene is set.  Even so you may find a tear rolling down your cheek as you read.   

Thanks to the publisher for making a review copy available via NetGalley.  I was not obligated to write any review, much less a positive one.  However, I'll give this book a solid B.

View My Stats