Saturday, May 08, 2010

Sunday Snippets--A Catholic Carnival: Rosary Edition

Hello, and welcome to Sunday Snippets--a Catholic Carnival. Sunday Snippets is a chance for Catholic bloggers to share their posts with each other.  It doesn't matter if you blog exclusively about things Catholic or whether, like me, it pops up periodically, if you are Catholic you are welcome to join us.  If you'd like a weekly reminder to post, join our yahoo group.

To participate, go to your blog and create a post titled Sunday Snippets--A Catholic Carnival.  In it, highlight one or more of your posts this week.  Also, include a link back here.  Then, come back here and sign Mr. Linky, giving a link to your Sunday Snippets post.

Last week I said we were going to try something new.  Sunday Snippets has never had a theme--unlike the old Catholic Carnival where some talented bloggers would take a bunch of unrelated posts and somehow tie them all together.  I asked all participants to write one post about the Rosary this week, and to include that post as one of your "snippets".  You are welcome to participate in Sunday Snippets--A Catholic Carnival, even if you didn't write about the rosary this week, but I though it would be fun to periodically try to post on the same subjects.  So, tell us what you wrote about the rosary, but we want to hear about other Catholic posts as well.

My Rosary post was about the Rosary Patch program in which my Girl Scouts participated.  I recommend it.

Today is Mother's Day, and I hope all moms have a great one.  Something that makes being a good mom easier is having a good dad in the family.  I read a children's book this week that honors the role of Daddy.

Happy Mother's Day and thanks for participating.

9 comments:

  1. A bit about my catholic upbringing in Louisiana.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My usual pondering of the Gospel of this Sunday! Luuk Dominiek Jansen OP

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did repost one of my poems about May crownings and first communion.

    I didn't know the Girl Scouts had a Rosary Patch! That's very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE having a Topic!! God bless all of you and a Happy Mother's Day to everyone - especially our Blessed Virgin Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  5. As usual, I'm looking forward to reading my fellow Catholic blogger's posts. Then I am off to studying my new Corel Painter 11 program that is like walking into the cockpit of a supersonic jet when you know nothing about flying! I am so looking forward to using this program to bring joy to others.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous6:45 PM

    Mine have been posted too. Have a wonderful week!

    Evan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks to our gracious host, RAnn! Rosary reading has never been so easy in comic book format this week at WBN.

    Don't forget to vote for your -ahem- humble friendly neighborhood blogger, Wynken, Blynken, and Nod, for Best Potpourri of Popery award. You can vote once a day and you don't have to sign up for anything. Help a struggling blogger get some recognition in the Catholic blogosphere's snarkiest awards contest.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Did the post and forgot to link it... Oops. Thanks, RAnn.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you again RAnn for being our host. This week my sharing is on the personal side. These are hard days but the Lord is ever near.

    ReplyDelete


View My Stats