Sunday, May 09, 2010

Review: 101 Things I Learned in Culinary School

101 Things I Learned (TM) in Culinary School

I want to thank Anna Ballasi at Hachette for the review copy of 101 Things I Learned (TM) in Culinary School.

About the book:
Louis Eguaras, a renowned chef at the Le Cordon Bleu Program at the California School of Culinary Arts, provides readers with a terrific overview of what is truly involved in the preparation, cooking, and presentation of meals. He also provides invaluable insights into just what is involved in making this one's chosen profession.

The book will feature a wide range of illustrated lessons, from how to properly hold a knife... to the history of food... from food preparation and presentation... to restaurant hospitality and management, and much more.

The book will be presented in the distinctive and highly-attractive packaged style of 101 THINGS I LEARNED IN ARCHITECTURE SCHOOL, and will be the perfect gift for anyone who is thinking about entering culinary school, is already enrolled, or even just the casual chef.



My Review:
Though it contains no recipes, 101 Things I Learned (TM) in Culinary School gives a lot of helpful cooking hints that even the home cook can use.  I think the more restaurant-oriented tips could make this book useful for a low-level kitchen employee at a restaurant who wonders why the chef insists on _____.

No comments:

Post a Comment


View My Stats