Saturday, May 30, 2009

My Review: The Playboy and the Widow


Sometimes I forget how old I am. This romance was written by Debbie Macomber in 1988, making her heroine right about my age. She is the widowed mother of two girls; he is her age, about 30, and never married. She meets him when she calls the neighbors to ask Mr. to help her with a plumbing problem. He is visiting and picks up the phone (no caller ID in those days). Mr. isn't home, but he comes over, fixes the pipe and claims dinner with her as a payment. The attaction is mutual, and strong, yet he isn't looking for serious and with two kids to think about, she is. He makes a comment about it being the eighties and folks go to bed whenever they want...It is a romance and maybe it is the author, maybe it is the times, but they stay out of bed until they get married.

I like Macomber's books. They are fluffy but fun. I think her writing style has matured since this book, but it was still a fun read.

1 comment:

  1. I love Debbie Macomber's books! I haven't read this one yet, though. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete


View My Stats