Sunday, March 08, 2009

Mailbox Monday

Drop by Marcia's blog, The Printed Page, to see everyone's Mailbox Monday links.

Well, the drought has ended. Monday I had five packages waiting for me when I got home. The Fight of Your Life is about parenting teens. The back cover says: "No generation in history has faced anything like the incredible onslaught of destructive influences attacking today's teens....One thing hasn't changed--Mom and Dad still make the best champion for a child's future." It was for a Wildcard tour and the tour post, with a review is here.

Sway, to quote Rolling Stone blends "fact and myth...the Rolling Stones, the Manson family and..."It is from Hatchette and I'll be running a giveaway so stay tuned.

If Tomorrow Never Comes is another First Wildcard book and it is a novel dealing with infertility. I loved Beyond the Night by the same author, and can't wait to start this one.

Bark up the Right Tree came to me via Bostik. It is subtiled "Lessons from a Rescued Dog", is a short easy read, and, as the title implies, is written from the dog's POV. Click here for my review.
Finally, I got a Great Adventures Kidpack about which is said: Great Adventure Kids is a dynamic new learning system designed to teach children the story of the Bible in a fun and interactive manner. This system is based on the very popular Great Adventure line of adult Bible study materials, which have helped hundreds of thousands of people all over the world grow in love for Sacred Scripture and make reading it a part of their daily lives.
The five items included in this educational package (Chart, Game Set, Bible Story Coloring Book, Bookmark, and Prayer Beads) are based on the color-coded system of the Great Adventure and will aid in teaching children the narrative story of salvation history. Through play, memorization, prayer, and interaction, these learning tools bring familiar Bible stories into a system where children can relate them to their own life. It is from the Catholic Company, via their reviewer program.

Wednesday was a two-package day. Thomas Nelson's Book Blogger program sent me another video--Read and Share DVD Bible. Here is my review. I also got Melody Carson's Its a Green Thing--Diary of a Teenaged Girl from First Wildcard. I've reviewed it, and check back tomorrow for the tour post.

Friday's package contained So Long Status Quo which, is about seven women who changed the world. They include (Saint) Perpetua and (Blessed) Mother Theresa of Calcutta, along with Harriet Tubman, (Saint) Mary Magdalen, Rosie the Riveter, Harriet Tubman, and Eleanor Roosevelt. It is for a Wildcard tour next month.

Saturday's mail brought Michael Brown's She and I, a Fugue which is advertised as "an unexpected journey into the male heart....he offers a day-to-day reconstruction of life from infancy to adulthood, focusing on the different women who have entered it.". It is from Amy at Phenix & Phenix.

6 comments:

  1. You did great last week. Enjoy!

    Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm looking forward to your thoughts on Sway!

    here's my mailbox: http://savvyverseandwit.blogspot.com/2009/03/mailbox-monday-20.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was too late to request Great Adventure Kids. That's what I get for being slow to read Grace Cafe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun that you got so many books this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also received Its A Green Thing and Fight of Your Life.

    Here's my Mailbox! ~ Wendi

    ReplyDelete


View My Stats