Saturday, November 15, 2008

Holiday Blessings

Holiday Blessings (Love Inspired Promo) Holiday Blessings by Jane Peart


My review


rating: 3 of 5 stars
When I picked up this book I figured it would be three heartwarming easy to read though probably predictable stories. I was not disappointed in that regard. However, I was disappointed in the first of the three stories, Debbie Macomber's "Thanksgiving Prayer". While Macomber now writes general market romance and women's fiction, this story is Christian Fiction but almost seems like general market romance with a heavy overlay of Christianity. For all the God talk in the story, faith doesn't seem to play a major part in the character's lives. It is like it is there just to make it meet some checklist of things to include in a Christian novel. The other two stories are mildly Christian--they mention churchgoing and prayer, but they are clearly love stories and not stories about faith.


View all my reviews.

No comments:

Post a Comment


View My Stats