Thursday, October 23, 2008

Shape of Mercy

The Shape of Mercy: A Novel The Shape of Mercy: A Novel by Susan Meissner


My review



I won this book on a blog contest, so instead of waiting for FWC to tour it, I'm publishing my review now. Check back in November to read the first chapter.
rating: 5 of 5 stars
I loved this book! There are three main characters. The first is a modern-day college student. She is from a wealthy upper class family and has chosen to live differently from what she believes is expected of her. She attends a state university rather than Sanford and lives in the dorm rather than in a condo. She decides to get a job to earn her own spending money and is hired to transcribe a diary owned by the second main character--a retired librarian who was born into a wealthy family. The third character is the author of the diary--a young woman accused of witchcraft in Salem in the 1600's. Through the process of transcribing the diary, the two modern-day characters learn about themselves.



I guess the book is marketed as Christian fiction, and it mentions going to church or praying a couple of times, but while much Christian fiction is obviously written for a certain market and would likley turn off non-Christians, this book isn't like that. As a matter of fact, if you are looking for a book that explictly teaches about Christ or urges you to accept Him, this isn't it.


View all my reviews.

1 comment:

  1. I am hoping to get this one from First WildCard... it sounds great

    ReplyDelete


View My Stats