Sunday, August 17, 2008

Chapter 2

Chapter 2 is called never diet again and talks about making a series of small positive choices--which except for the scripture quotes is pretty much standard Weight Watcher material. Then it goes on to ask questions like what are we hiding from and what do we fear and what are we running from with the idea that the answers will help us overcome those issues and thus overcome the weight battle. Well, maybe I'm lying to myself, but I'm not overweight because of anything I fear or am hiding from. I'm overweight because I prefer the lifestyle that got me here to the lifestyle that will get the weight off and keep it off. I'd rather read than walk. I'd rather eat candy than veggies. Yes, I need to change, but I'm not hiding behind my weight nor am I afraid to change--I just don't want to badly enough. Next, the book points out that we can't hide anything from God--and that we can approach Him with anything. I know when I was losing all that weight last year, I prayed a lot about it, and as it fizzled from my prayers, so did the weight loss. The chapter concludes with the idea that we need to balance our whole lives,and when our lives are out of balance, weight gain happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment


View My Stats