Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Nan's Journey: My Review

Nan's Journey is the story of two abused orphans who run away from thier stepmother and find love and acceptance in a family that recently suffered the loss of a young mother and child. It is set in Colorado in the 1800's. In the course of the story, Nan, the main character is wronged in a lot of ways by different people; however she and her brother find love with this new family, and through that love, she learns to accept Christ and forgive those who wronged her. While I found the climax scene involving the step-parents to be somewhat unrealistic, in general, I liked the story. I could feel the characters' pain and could admire their virtue, yet none of them seemed too good (or bad) It was a short and simple read and I'd recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment


View My Stats