Sunday, April 27, 2008

I'm Sure Going to Miss This

I should have had someone take a picture because these days are coming to an end. I don't generally make the little one nap on the weekends. She fights it, we are busy, and, if she really needs one, she lays down and takes one rather than getting cranky and hard to live with. Generally, especially on lazy days like today, she eventually decides to do so. Today I was laying on the couch reading. She came over, pulling her blanket and carrying Shirtie (her security "blanket"--my old nursing pj's) snuggled up beside me with a book, and after I read to her, put her thumb in her mouth and went to sleep. She'll be four in a little over a week and will start school in the fall. My baby is getting big. Pretty soon she'll be too big to hold. She won't want to snuggle with Mom. I'm so thankful I got a second time around with all this joy--but all good things come to an end (and are generally replaced with other good things).

No comments:

Post a Comment


View My Stats