Saturday, January 06, 2007

Back to Reality

Reality returns soon. The kids have been out of school since before Christmas. They have had no homework, no projects and they haven't had to be hauled to school or the bus stop in the morning. This has meant that I have gotten to sleep later and to enjoy my evenings. Alas, all good things must come to an end, and school starts Monday for my daughter and Tuesday for my son. My son also starts a new schedule. They are shortening the lunch break and letting them out of school ten minutes earlier M, T, T, and F and on Wednesday they are getting out 25 minutes earlier. I just hope this doesn't mess up his chess club. First semester they met during lunch--the kids would get thier lunches and take them to the club sponser's classroom and play chess four days a week. Now the lunch period is shorter, and instead of one lunch period they have two. The Wednesday schedule is to allow for faculty meetings, and probably to give you a day on which to schedule appointments w/out pulling the kids from school.

No comments:

Post a Comment


View My Stats