Thursday, January 05, 2006

Need Answers?

Try Answers.com a site that is celebrating its first birthday. Unlike most search engines which give you a list of websites to browse and nothing more, Answers.com gives you information about the topic on which you searched, along with links to selected sites. A search for "Walt Disney World" brought up a Wikipedia article on it, along with links to various websites about it. A search for my mother's medical condition brought up a dictionary definition of it, an article about it from Medicinenet.com (the article, not a link to it), a Wikipedia article about it, and to pay for all this knowledge, a list of books I can buy. The information was written for the lay person and generally seemed to comport with what I know (since I'm not a medical expert, I won't comment as to the technical correctness of the information). It gave links to a couple of sites I know to be of high quality on the subject. Give it a try, you might like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment


View My Stats